The Edgar & Frances Boyd Burbridge
Memorial Scholarhship $2,000
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a resident of Wallowa County and must have been employed in a nonprofit health care setting (Wallowa Memorial Hospital, Care Center, or other organized nonprofit)
- Must be investing in your second year or higher of education or training to enhance your skill level and professional development, and it must also benefit health care services in the county
- Must continue to work in Wallowa County for a minimum of one year following receipt of the scholarship
- Education or training must not be a requirement of your current position
- Must be over age 18 and have already completed high school
How do I apply?
- Applications are available at the Wallowa Valley Health Care Foundation office inside Wallowa Memorial Hospital or online at www.wvhcf.org.
- A completed application must include:
- the application form
- a short essay explaining your career goal related to this training/education
- a simple budget
- a letter of recommendation from your current supervisor
- one personal letter of recommendation
- a letter of intent stating how long you plan on living and working in this capacity.
- Must complete personal interview with scholarship selection committee
When is the deadline to apply, and who will decide who is awarded the scholarship?
- All applications must be mailed and postmarked by Saturday June 1 to Wallowa Valley Health Care Foundation, PO Box 53, Enterprise, Oregon 97828. Applications may also be dropped off in person at Wallowa Memorial Hospital to the Foundation.
- The Foundation Board will review applications and notify winners by June 22.
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation at 541.426.1913