ANNOUNCING A SCHOLARSHIP FOR HEALTH CARE WORKERS IN WALLOWA COUNTY!
Designed to Help You Enhance Your Skills and Provide Higher Levels of Service in the Health Care Field
The Gwen & Gladys Coffin Memorial Scholarship $1,000
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a resident of Wallowa County and must have been employed in a nonprofit health care setting (Wallowa Memorial Hospital, Care Center, other organized nonprofit)
- Must be investing in education or training to enhance your skill level and professional development, and it must also benefit health care services in the county
- Must continue to work in Wallowa County for a minimum of one year following receipt of the scholarship
- Education or training must not be a requirement of your current position
- Must be over age 18 and have already completed high school
How do I apply?
- Applications are available at the Wallowa Valley Health Care Foundation office inside Wallowa Memorial Hospital or online at www.wvhcf.org.
- A completed application must include:
- the application form
- a short essay explaining your career goal related to this training/education
- a simple budget
- a letter of recommendation from your current supervisor
- one personal letter of recommendation
- a letter of intent stating how long you plan on living and working in this capacity.
- Must complete personal interview with scholarship selection committee
When is the deadline to apply, and who will decide who is awarded the scholarship?
- All applications must be mailed and postmarked by Friday June 1 to Wallowa Valley Health Care Foundation, PO Box 53, Enterprise, Oregon 97828. Applications may also be dropped off in person at Wallowa Memorial Hospital to the Foundation.
- The Foundation Board will review applications and notify winners by June 22.
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation at 541.426.1913